What is a Parent Mentor?
Parent mentors provide information and support to families of children with disabilities and their school districts.
The Coshocton County Parent Mentor program services include:
- Guiding families through the special education process and helping them understand their rights and responsibilities;
- Listening and providing support to families and educators on an individual basis;
- Providing information and resources to families and school personnel on education laws, district programs and community resources;
- Attending Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings and other meetings at parent or staff request;
- Organizing and conducting information sessions or workshops based on the needs of families and professionals;
- Building collaborative partnerships among families, schools and communities to benefit students with disabilities.
The Coshocton County Parent Mentor serves Coshocton City, Ridgewood Local and River View Local Schools.
Contact the Parent Mentor:
(740) 622-0211 Ext. 1153