Information from River View Local School District Board Office and Golden Memories 1966
During the year of 1959 the Coshocton County School District completed a School Survey Study which, for several reasons, resulted in the desirability of further school district consolidation in Coshocton County.
The charters of several high schools currently in the western Coshocton County will be revoked as of June 30, 1962.
Therefore all territory now know as the Three Rivers Local, Union Local and Warsaw Local was consolidated to create a new local school district. A new board was also formed from the previous three district boards. On January 31, 1962 the new board acted to name this newly formed district River View Local School District.
This new district covers three hundred and sixty-five square miles, stretches some forty miles from west to east, borders five counties, eleven different school districts and consists of one total township in Licking County.
A bond issue for 2.3 mills, generating the amount of $2,228,000 was placed before the voters and passed, in May of 1963 for the purpose of establishing a new high school site and building. This bond issue will run for twenty-two years. Property was acquired at the intersection of State Route 36 & 60, east of the village of Warsaw.
Ground was broken for the new high school on June 17, 1964. The total construction cost was $1,982,000; the remainder of the bond levy was used for permanent fixtures, loose equipment and architectural fees.